Curriculum Committee Membership
The regular meeting of the Curriculum Committee occurs on the 2nd & 4th Friday of each month from 1:00-3:00 pm during the Fall & Spring Semesters (except holidays, school closures, etc.). Meetings are held in the Boardroom (SS202) at the Eureka Campus, with the availability for proposal authors to call in from other locations.
Article II, Section 3. Curriculum Committee
Terms of each faculty member, including the chair, shall be two years with staggered terms expiring July 1. The Committee shall consist of the following members:
The chair appointed from the Committee's members past or present by the President and confirmed by the Senate;
One faculty from each division, selected by the division. If a division chooses not to fill the position, the committee chair may appoint a faculty member from any division to fill that vacancy. With the exception of the chair, no division shall have more than two representatives.
One faculty member, appointed by the committee chair and confirmed by the Senate, with expertise in distance education; this member shall serve as a non-voting, ex-officio member with signatory authority on Distance Education course proposal forms.
College Articulation Officer (AO), who shall serve as a regular, voting member if the AO is a faculty member; if the AO is not faculty, they the AO shall be a non-voting, ex-officio member.
The Chief Instruction Officer/Chief Student Services Officer (CIO/CSSO) or designee, who shall serve as a non-voting, ex-officio member; and
The Curriculum Committee chair may request a MIS Admissions and Records representative, who shall serve as a non-voting, ex-officio member.
B. Duties and Purposes:
The Curriculum Committee is concerned with the development of and continual improvement of educational programs and the curriculum. The major functions of the Committee are the following:
- To make recommendations to the Senate regarding additions, modifications, or deletions to the curriculum;
- To advise the Senate and the administration on issues related to curriculum and educational programs;
- To maintain an on-going evaluation of the college curriculum;
- To assist in the development and long-range planning of the overall educational program of the college; and
- To advise faculty who are developing groupings of classes into cohorts or other linked units.
- The specific functions of the Curriculum Committee are to act on the following proposals:
- Creation, modification or deletions of programs, courses, or certificates;
- Revision of catalog description to reflect changes in the nature of a course;
- Changes in hours and/or units of a course;
- Changes in the requirements of an existing certificate or degree program;
- Changes in prerequisites, corequisites, and recommended preparation;
- Assignment of courses to disciplines; and
- Significant changes in the course outline related to grading standards, method of evaluation, or instructional materials.
Curriculum Committee revised 11/08/13; Approved by Senate 11/15/13
Curriculum Committee revised 05/05/14; Approved by Senate 05/02/14
Curriculum Committee reviewed October, 2015
Curriculum Committee Revised 02/03/20; Approved by Senate 02/07/20