Join us on Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. in the HR Conference Room for an hour long webinar on how to best support students who may need to communicate in a new way or who may need support in handling difficult tasks or situations. If you work the front-line or work with students in any capacity you should watch this webinar. From this webinar you will:
- Learn about disability etiquette and some of the ways we inadvertently limit inclusion
- Discuss strategies for modifying materials and practices to increase inclusion for all
- Define the major categories of disability: physical, neurological, cognitive, and psychological and discuss customer support strategies specific to each of these
- Demonstrate some of the ways we can quickly and effectively work with customers who are angry or upset or who need the next level of support in moving through a difficult situation
- Learn about specific strategies for supporting Students on the Autism Spectrum, students who are non-verbal communicators, and students with neurological or cognitive issues
There will be free resources as well, Etiquette for Working with Students with Disabilities and Teaching Students with Disabilities.
Please RSVP by Friday, September 6th by calling Wendy at ext. 4192 or Jose at ext. 4342. Email is also welcome.